The Chapel of the Castle, situated above the entrance porch and accessible through the courtyard, is a rare in France! The crest CHARFETAIN, appearing on the font at the entrance to the chapel and on a door at the bottom of the tower, shows a heart surmounted by a Maltese Cross.
In the fifteenth century, Jacques Coeur, appointed in 1440 "High Treasurer of King Charles VII, interest, acquires and develops the silver mines of PAMPAILLY , located a few hundred feet below. The Fief of CHARFETAIN can follow mining.
The Chateau of CHARFETAIN was built in several stages. It is very difficult to trace the exact history : sold as national property during the French Revolution, all records were destroyed. However, some signs indicate that the origin is very old.
Gîte du Chateau de Charfetain - Mr Jean Pierre Deschamps - Charfetain - 69690 BRULLIOLES chateaudecharfetain@free.fr
Charfetain is owned by the Deschamps family since the mid-eighteenth century
The chapel above the entrance porch
Home Our Story The story of Charfetain The monts of Lyon area Visit the Cottage of Charfetain Our services Rates and reservations Contacts Visit the Castle of Charfetain Practical informations Acces map Recreational activities Useful links Visit Charfetain in videoLe domaine du Château de Charfetain